Friday, March 11, 2011

Mindset

In real estate, it's not easy especially when you're starting out in the industry. When I started back in 2006, a lot of people told me that I was getting my real estate license at the wrong time. There was a lot of negativity with my choice, but I had a good feeling that this might be my calling.

Rather than listen to all the negative comments from the people around me, I decide to focus on making my real estate endeavors work out. I knew I need to stay strong, as I saw realtors come and go because this job just wasn't for them. Not everyone is fit for this industry.

So I stayed pretty textbook with my beginnings in real estate – I would go to all my floor times, network with friends and family whenever I had the chance, and I would keep educating myself on current trends in the industry. There really isn't anything special with what I do. Honestly, I think it's just a matter of staying consistent, continually working hard, and also, working smarter.

You need to stay positive or else you will give in to what other people are saying about real estate: that the market is down and you won't make any sales, that there's no hope because the current economic situation in America, etc. Instead, you need to keep your chin up and keep moving forward. Don't regress, but make progress.

Also, I've learned to also take listings that other realtors would not be willing to deal with, in addition to handling apartments for rent in Milford CT. Going the extra mile for your clients and providing the value they deserve are ways I have come to find my own success.

And this does not only apply to real estate. Learn who you are, what you want, and figure out how to reach her goals. Don't let anybody tell you that you can't do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment